We are looking to hire an experienced Electrical Estimator to determine costs of various electrical installations. The Electrical Estimator’s responsibilities include quantity takeoff of project materials, labor and equipment, and communicating with clients to determine the scope of each project.
To be successful as an Electrical Estimator, you should be detail-oriented and have sound knowledge of electrical costs, able to read building plans, and demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills.
Electrical Estimator Responsibilities:
- Analyzing blueprints.
- Determining the amount, type, and cost of materials needed for each electrical project.
- Determining the amount of labor required to complete each project.
- Determining the potential profitability of electrical projects to assist management in making sound bidding decisions.
- Providing viable solutions to increase project profitability including Pre-fab opportunities.
- Completing and submitting competitive project bids in accordance with established guidelines.
- Regularly updating cost databases to accurately reflect fluctuating material and labor costs.
- Work with vendor and subcontractor partners for quotes.
Electrical Estimator Requirements:
- Familiarity with computerized estimating programs.
- The ability to interpret blueprints.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to work within deadlines and due dates.