Job Title: Field Safety Engineer
Reports To: Field Safety Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Develops and implements safety program to prevent or correct unsafe environmental working conditions by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates safety programs and procedures to ensure personnel and facility safety at the jobsite
- Assists in developing the project site specific safety program at project startup; conducts hazard analyses throughout all phases of the
- Develops and implements system to report, track, and evaluate worker injuries to Safety Director.
- Notifies Safety Director and Project Manager immediately when accident/incident
- Investigates accidents and incidents to ensure corrective action and prevent
- Escorts employees in need of medical attention to medical facilities; manages return to work program, including monitoring status of injured employee, return to work status, follow- up visits,
- Prepares accident/incident
- Examines equipment to determine if all safety precautions have been
- Evaluates human activities working with and around machinery and equipment to identify hazards.
- Conducts inspections of construction site to ensure compliance with safety regulations, to identify and correct potential hazards, to inspect fire and safety equipment, machinery, and facilities.
- Determines and enforces requirements for personal protective equipment and devices and oversees and/or directs installation of safety devices on
- Conducts and coordinates safety and first aid/CPR training to educate workers about safety policies, laws, and
- Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports company’s core
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university; or minimum 5 years of safety experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have knowledge of Internet software, spreadsheet software (Excel), word processing software (Word), and presentation software (PowerPoint), Familiarity with Safety Reports a plus.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- CHST Preferred
- OSHA 500 Outreach Instructor Preferred
- CPR/First Aid Instructor Certification Preferred