The Electrical Estimator would be responsible for estimating electrical projects ranging typically in the $1 to $5 million size. This position will be responsible for activities, including but not limited to:
- Prepares detailed take-off of electrical materials, equipment and labor based on accurate reading of blueprints and related documents with an estimated value up to 5 million dollars.
- Work under direction of Chief Estimator while coordinating with project management teams.
- Represents the Company throughout the bid process. Ensure customer concerns are relayed through appropriate channels for resolution.
- Reviews bid package documentation, plans and proposal specifications to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate for RFPs, RFQs and quotes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The qualified applicant:
- Prior Commercial Electrical experience is preferred.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team in order to meet project deadlines.
- Must be self-motivated with attention to detail.
- Strong mathematic and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Electrical Estimating.
- Ability to bid projects up to 5 million dollars.
- Ability to bid projects in public and private sector ranging from tenant fit outs to heavy industrial.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge of Computer based estimating software (preferably working with Accu-Bid software package
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task a variety of projects/tasks simultaneously.